"Faded" by Shel's Scraps

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

New things

Kya is growing so fast!  I can hardly keep up with her.  It seems like she's doing something new every day!  Lately she's been obsessed with sucking on her toes.  It's kind of gross but absolutely adorable at the same time.  She especially loves to do this while I'm changing her diaper.  Another great thing she does is put her arms around my neck when I carry her.  I love it!  Sometimes she pinches but I love her little baby snuggles.  She's becoming very good at grabbing for things too.  She's fascinated by cups and bottles and always reaches out for them when I'm taking a drink.  She LOVES to reach for my phone, oh geez!

I attempted to have her sleep unswaddled last night.  It didn't go so well.  She slept for about and hour and then was wide awake and wouldn't go back to sleep so I had to swaddle her.  Oh well.  I guess it's fine since it helps her to sleep so well and I know it's not stunting her growth because she uses her arms and hands so well.

Today I let her suck on one of the mesh feeder for the first time.  I stripped her down, plopped her in the highchair and gave it to her with some frozen peaches inside.  She really liked it!  She sat there quietly sucking on it for about 20 minutes.  Looks like mommy found a new way to keep baby entertained for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment