"Faded" by Shel's Scraps

Friday, July 22, 2011

I need to update more often!

     Blogging is such a great way to record small events that happen that I know I won't remember later.  I need to be more diligent in writing so that I can reread things later and remember.
     Kya Mae will be 6 months old next Thursday :-( .  She's growing up too fast!  The last time I posted she was just 2 months old.  I'm going to try and record things I remember in that time span.  Let's see...at 3 months old she started rolling over from her tummy to her back.  But, she has pretty much always hated being on her tummy.  After a while she stopped rolling and just buried her face and screamed.  At 4 months she really started packing on the chubs.  She went up from the 10% in weight to the 10-25%.  I have a feeling that she'll be up a little bit more at her 6 month appointment.  Everyone comments on her adorable rolls.  I moved her to her own room at 4.5 months.  It was a sad/scary experience.  The first night I didn't sleep at all....who knows how many times I got up to check on her.  The second night I was so exhausted that I slept the whole night.  Of course when I woke up and realized how long she'd been quiet I freaked out.  She was fine :-) . 
     She's such a fun baby.  As long as she's fed and rested she's pretty happy most of the time.  She laughs and coos and screams.  Recently she's been able to sit by herself a little bit.  She has also discovered the dog.  She LOVES to watch her.  I've found that if I put Kya on her belly and then call Fudge over to lay in front of her she will actually stay on her belly for a while.  Yesterday she started pushing her chest up really high and then burying her face while pulling her knees up under herself.  The crawling foundations are there!  Now she just needs to figure out how to coordinated them.  I'm not ready for her to crawl yet though...she's growing up too fast.
    We started solids at 5 months.  I was trying to put it off as long as possible but I got desperate for ideas on how to get her to sleep longer at night.  Of course the food made no difference, but oh well.  We started with rice cereal and now we're on sweet potatoes.  I was going to give her avacado yesterday but my avacados weren't ripe enough yet.  I'm attempting to make her baby food.  I decided to do this because I have the time, fresh food is better for her, and because it will save us a lot of money.  Now that I'm not working I feel like I need to contribute somehow.  I feel like breastfeeding and making baby food are two ways that I can save us a lot of money.  Nursing is still going really well.  I'm proud of how long I've been able to nurse and I'm glad that we'll still be able to do it for a while.  So far she doesn't have any teeth so we haven't had any problems yet.  Hopefully she won't be a biter and I can continue nursing until she's a year old.
     Being a mom is awesome.  It's something I've always wanted to do and it is so rewarding.  I LOVE that I get to stay home with Kya.  I try to savor all of the moments I get to experience with her and not take our time together for granted.  I know a lot of moms wish they could stay home with their kiddos.  I am so grateful that I have such a wonderful husband that works hard so that I can stay home with our baby girl.  There is nothing better in the world than walking into the nursery and seeing her smiling face in the mornings.  Kya is always happy when she wakes up.  She's the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment